Thursday 6 December 2012

Brave

I recently bought Disney/Pixar's film 'Brave' on DVD. I adored it when I saw it at the cinema and I'm over the moon to finally own it myself. Merida is Pixar's first princess, and she's absolutely gorgeous. The red, bouncing hair, brilliant Scottish accent, and bubbling, passionate personality, are all traits that just make her one of the most admirable cartoon princesses marketed in film. Another quality of the film that I loved was the fact that it wasn't a love story. Merida doesn't need or even want to entertain the idea of marriage at her young age and doesn't need a 'love interest' to turn her life around- she does so herself. Instead, it focuses on the fragile relationship between a Mother and daughter which I found to be painstakingly touching and accurate. It really added a surprising depth the film.                                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment