Sunday 25 May 2014

Busyness and adventure.

Recently I have been busy like I have never been before. After a taste of the 'real world' and working full time, not only have I fallen in love with my chosen profession, but I have fallen behind with my assignments for Uni. It's strange how a taste of the real world can cheapen the experience of necessary academic achievements one needs to be qualified. I had to venture to the library on Sunday to work with my group on an assignment (early weekend morning commitment levels!) and in my rush, only picked up a pear to eat for the next four hours. Luckily it was a beautifully delicious pear.
I've been enjoying my walks recently too. I've tried to begin
appreciating the fresh and natural beauty that surrounds everywhere I go. The scent of the fallen leaves on a crisp morning after a night of rain has been a welcome accompaniment to my morning walks to the bus stop. I have actually found myself more and more tempted to disregard my plans for the day and go adventuring down an un-walked path or a new tangle of trees and flowers.

A new cafe has opened (in the last 5 months) that I've been enjoying immensely, called Cafe Zen Den. It's a gorgeous little place with alternative yet homely decoration, friendly staff, and incredible coffee. They also have an uncommonly large selection of vegetarian and vegan friendly options which I, as a vegetarian, greatly appreciate. (Their raw, raspberry cheesecake is to die for!)

I'm hoping that in amongst all the busyness, I will find more time for long walks in new places, especially as this cooler weather drifts in. There's almost nothing I like better than a long walk on an icy morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment