Sunday 25 May 2014

Staying connected.

Connection with nature... it's a beautiful concept. But then, that's the issue - for so long (for me at least) that is all it has seemed; a concept. I have always adored the beauty of nature and the creatures that live amongst it, and I'm the first person to jump up and go for a bush walk whilst on holiday. But as far as remaining deeply connected to my natural surroundings on a day-to-day basis; I feel as though I have continuously failed.
I adore the electric oranges and reds of an intense sunset, and the wafting scent of roses as I walk past a particularly well-maintained garden on the way to the bus stop. But then, how many times have I ignored the beauty of the sky as the sun disappears from sight, or the intoxicating scent of a rose as I've been running to get to a bus on time? Too many times, I think.
This is why I have decided to write down each day (possibly in the form of a blog post), at least one form of natural beauty I have experienced.

 I'm beginning with some small attempts at connecting more with nature. Although it may be an event a little more removed from nature than I'd ideally like, I did enjoy my trip to the Melbourne Flower and Garden show last month with my lovely sister. The flower arrangements were gorgeous, and we both fell in love with the sunflowers!
I was a little excessive and decided to treat myself to this gorgeous necklace. It's a handmade piece by Marie B Jewelerry, the 'Real leaf necklace' in silver. I won't lie, I am head over heels for this lovely piece.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment